[JW Lua] Lyrics: unexpected behavior with GetItemInci()

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Aug 29 20:48:07 CEST 2014

Bart,

Use RawTextNumber rather than ItemInci to get the text number. Here's a
modified script:
---
for noteentry in eachentry(finenv.Region()) do
    local versesyllables = finale.FCVerseSyllables(noteentry)
    versesyllables:LoadAll()
    for vs in each(versesyllables) do
        the_text = finale.FCString()
        vs:GetRawText(the_text)
        print(vs.RawTextNumber,the_text.LuaString)
---

On 2014-08-28 10:33, Bart Visser wrote:
> Hi Jari,
>
> I've attached a file. I used Click Assignment first on the 3rd verse, then on the 1st, then on the 2nd.
>
> This is the script I use:
>
> for noteentry in eachentry(finenv.Region()) do
>     local versesyllables = finale.FCVerseSyllables(noteentry)
>     versesyllables:LoadAll()
>     for vs in each(versesyllables) do
>         the_text = finale.FCString()
>         vs:GetRawText(the_text)
>         print(vs:GetItemInci(),the_text.LuaString)
>     end
> end
>
> Thanks,
>

> Bart
>

> Op 28 aug. 2014, om 09:11 heeft Jari Williamsson <jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Bart,
>>
>> Can you e-mail me a small Finale file, where this occurs?
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Jari Williamsson
>>
>> On 2014-08-28 07:34, Bart Visser wrote:
>>> Hi Jari,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get the Verse/Chorus/Section number with the GetItemInci() method. It doesn't return the number of the Verse etc. but the number of the order in which the lyrics are entered under the notes.
>>>
>>> So if I have 3 verses and use Click Assignment to attach the syllables to the notes, but start with vs3, than vs1 and lastly vs2 the result is:
>>>
>>> Running [Unnamed Script] ======>
>>> 0 ^font(Tekton Pro,4096)^size(12)^nfx(0)This
>>> 1 ^font(Tekton Pro,4096)^size(12)^nfx(0)This
>>> 2 ^font(Tekton Pro,4096)^size(12)^nfx(0)And
>>>
>>> 0 is
>>> 1 is
>>> 2 this
>>>
>>> 0 the