[JW Lua] Percussion midi map

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Sun Jan 19 20:09:32 CET 2014

Hi Jari,

I am now working on a remapping plugin for
drum staves that were imported from MIDI files
and that need remapping.
E.g. if MIDI bass drum 35 needs to become MIDI
bass drum 36 for correct playback on a certain drum sampl map.

What works fine so far:
reading the percussion staves, reassiging the new note pitch,
reading the percussion layouts and matching the note types
from FCPercussionNoteMod and FCPercussionLayoutNote.

Only one final thing does not work yet:
How do I get the note type for a certain MIDI note ?
So that I can assign the correct note type for the new pitch.
Probably it has to do with FCPercussionMapNote which has the
properties MidiNote and NoteType. But it isn't implemented yet, is it ?

Would be great to have that class !
And very happy if the plugin is finally working.
That saves hours and hours when importing MIDI.

I must say again - JW Lua is really fun to program with. Great job !

Thanks a lot,