[JW Lua] Calling menu commands

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Wed Jan 22 15:49:22 CET 2014

On 2014-01-22 11:57, Jan Angermüller wrote:

> do you know if it's possible to access the function
> Utilities/Rebar/Rebar Music ?
> I found FCMusicRegion/RebeamMusic, but not Rebar.

I can add RebarMusic() to FCMusicRegion, since that's available as a PDK
API. That will give you some parameter options to the method.

> And by the way, would it generally be possible to call the
> functionality of all Finale standard dialogs from the menus without
> opening the dialog visually (i.e. with the current parameters of the
> dialog).
> Something like:
> FCUI.process("Utilities/Rebar/Rebar Music")
> I found some menu commands in FCUI (MENU_COMMANDS and
> FCUI:MenuCommand), but I am not sure about the functionality.
> I think generally it should be possible. Finale script has this feature.

I would rather add support through FCUI:MenuCommand() for stability
reasons and portability to localized Finale versions. I saw that the
constants for that method weren't documented - search for the MENUCMD_
constants in the listconstants.lua script.

I might expand the FCUI class with some low level method to browse the
Finale menu contents as well. It sounds like a nice idea to me.