[JW Lua] Copying PercussionNoteMods in layer copying

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Wed Jan 22 16:02:12 CET 2014

Jan,

It's by design (and documented) that
FCNoteEntryLayer::CreateCloneEntries() doesn't save any entry detail
info to the clone, since the entry ID is 0 for all note entries until
the layer is saved.

FCNoteEntry:CopyEntryDetails() can copy entry details from one entry to
another entry. That method will work if the FCNoteEntry has been saved,
and it can clone the tuplets as well.

HOWEVER, it does NOT support percussion note detail, mainly since it
doesn't make sense when cloned to another percussion layout.

I'll probably need to add another method to FCNoteEntry for copying
percussion details separately. I'll look into it!