[JW Lua] FCNoteEntry:IsPartOfTuplet/IsStartOfTuplet hangs

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Jan 23 13:05:09 CET 2014

Hi Jari,

FCNoteEntry:IsPartOfTuplet and FCNoteEntry:IsStartOfTuplet
seem to lead to an infinite loop. This is the code:

local region = finale.FCMusicRegion()
region:SetCurrentSelection()
for e in eachentrysaved(region) do
     print("IsDotted:", e:IsDotted())
     print("IsStartOfTuplet:", e:IsStartOfTuplet())
     print("IsPartOfTuplet:", e:IsPartOfTuplet())
end

It displays "IsDotted: false" (or true if it's dotted),
and then it hangs (version 0.15).

And as a "very low priority nice-to-have" feature:
infinite loops can't be interrupted - like probably in this case,
but I also produced some of my own...  Finale hangs and needs
to be restarted in these cases. Would be great to have
the possibility to interrupt the plugin in these cases ("Press Esc to
cancel").

Best,