[JW Lua] Repository layout draft, version 3

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Tue Sep 2 17:44:53 CEST 2014

Jan,

That's an important question. In the draft, the "require" files are
called "Libraries" and they are intended to be listable separately.

However, my aim is that script downloading should be handled
transparently for the end user. The developer who uploads a script
should be able to set the dependencies needed for the script. So for a
normal script, the end user should not need to bother with the library
files if they exist in the repository. Perhaps I'll just include a
checkbox for including library scripts in the listing.

The downloaded scripts will be put in a subfolder specific to each
developer (so multiple developers can have scripts with the same file name).

The downloadable library files (the "require" files) however, will all
be put in the same folder, so here it's important that the file name of
that library script file is unique.

One thing I haven't yet solved is how it will handle the versions of
libraries. Requiring a plugindef() doesn't sound like such a good
solution for library files.