[JW Lua] Copy&Paste with special characters

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Wed Sep 3 08:30:01 CEST 2014

Jan,

This sounds like it works as it should, although there are still some
bugs between JW Lua and the source code related to Unicode and/or UTF-8.

Don't put an umlaut in the code as a single-byte character, since that
source code will not be UTF-8, and it won't be portable between
platforms and won't work once all the Unicode bugs have been fixed.

In the next JW Lua beta, articulation defs will support the Unicode
range on Finale 2012 and above. Finale supports 32-bit unicode symbol
chars for articulations. However, I guess it will be mostly used for
SMuFL-mapped fonts in the future, and those never extend beyond the
16-bit range.