[JW Lua] Calling FCTextExpressionDef:SetUseCategoryPos

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Sep 4 01:05:06 CEST 2014

Jari,

when I call FCTextExpressionDef:SetUseCategoryPos(true) in Finale
2014/Windows,
it sets the Use Category Pos option. But when I assign a new expression
using this
text expression definition, it does not use the category positioning,
but the (or at least some of the) original alignment/justifcation values
from
before SetUseCategoryPos() was called.
I have to copy the alignment settings from the category to the text
expression
to get the correct positioning.

Is this the expected behaviour ?
I hoped from the online documentation that SetUseCategoryPos(true)
would set all alignment values for me. Or does the documentation mean
something
like "use this setting with care, it may mess up the positioning". It
sounded
like it would affect older versions of Finale only.