[JW Lua] Deleting a given Test/Shape Expression Def

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 7 13:45:20 CEST 2014

I have added to the wording.  It was unclear what was happening.

My script reports that it has deleted all but 2 text expressions, the ones
that are being used in the score.  However when I open the Expression
Selection box again, there is only one expression remaining, not two.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

**************************

What is the proper way to delete a given Text/Shape Expression Definition?

I tried the following snippet, but it always seems to delete ALL the
text/shape definitions.  The print always says true.  There is code that
determines if I want to actually delete an expression within the .'s.  The
resulting Expression Selection dialog box is empty except for one ffff.
Help!

local textExpDefs = finale.FCTextExpressionDefs()

textExpDefs:LoadAll()

.

.

.