[JW Lua] Possibility to contribute to documentation?

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Tue Aug 11 16:02:51 CEST 2015

Dear Jari,

I find that occasionally it would be useful for me to take some notes to document and remember certain things about JW Lua.  However, I think that some of that information might be useful for other users as well.  For example the Doxygen documentation does not mention that the VerticalPosition property of Articulations is relative to the lowest Note of a NoteEntry or that the order of Notes in a NoteEntry is always bottom up (at least both these things seem to be the case to me).

Are there any possibilities to directly contribute to JW Lua and the PDK (especially the inline documentation)?  I mean in a form that does not eventually require *you* to incorporate suggestions sent by e-mail.  If you are using a distributed version control system like Git or Mercurial, people could send you pull requests you'd only have to accept, reject or send back with requests for improvement.

As a prerequisite for contribution, contributors would of course have to agree that you may use their contributions to your code without restrictions.  My selfish motivation for this suggestion is that I'd rather add something to the official documentation (and being forced to do it in an orderly fashion) rather than maintaining my own chaotic notes that I might have to consult in addition to the official documentation.

Is this something that you would take into consideration?
Thomas Weber