[JW Lua] FCFileInfoText and font info

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri Mar 20 13:03:46 CET 2015

Jari,

when I create the strings from FCFileInfoText, for example LoadTitle(),
I get a string like

^font(Times New Roman,4096)^size(12)^nfx(0)Song Title

Are you sure that this is what Finale produces internally from the
^title() tag ?
Because this would mean that Finale uses the default text font / font
size which in this case is Times/12.

For example, if I create the text string of a large score title in font
size *24 with *FCPageText:CreateTextString() I get:

^font(Times New Roman,4096)^size(*24*)^nfx(0)^title()

If I substitute the ^title() with what FCFileInfoText():LoadTitle()
produces, it would lead to:

^font(Times New Roman,4096)^size(*24*)^nfx(0)^font(Times New
Roman,4096)^size(*12*)^nfx(0)Song Title

which would print as a title in font size *12*.
Could it be that the font information is not necessary in the
FCFileInfoText strings,
I.e. that LoadTitle() should only return a string "Song Title" with no
Enigma tags ?