[JW Lua] Midi

Jon Griffin jon at mayuli.com
Fri Mar 27 23:17:31 CET 2015

I am wondering if it is possible to use JWLua to take for instance a melody
and harmonize it? I am not a lua programmer (but have programmed for 30
years in unix/C etc), but before I pull my hair out, I wonder if it is
feasible.

My thought, and it will be a community project, is to get some basics of a
song, say key sig, melody, time sig etc and harmonize it. I would also like
to take melody and chords and build an arrangement (i.e. top line sketch
and automatically create parts in user dependent styles.)

If this is possible, I would be more than happy to start a project and
documentation. My degree is in jazz composition and arranging, so my bias
lies there, but I would welcome input from others on differing styles (i.e.
flexibility).

Thanks, and I am finally happy I am not just a lurker anymore

Jon