[JW Lua] Midi

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Mon Mar 30 08:48:21 CEST 2015

Jon,

Lua is a pretty good language for algorithmic computing, since the
tables provides great flexibility and efficiency for manipulating data.
It also contain all the basic math features you'd expect in a computer
language.

You're topic say "Midi", is it any specific MIDI feature you want to use
in your arrangements?

Anyhow, I'd recommend using the FCNoteEntryLayer class for analytical
processing like this (at least as the class to retrieve the source note
line). That class has been specially designed as a tool for notes that
span over multiple bars on a staff.