[JW Lua] Finale crash when argument is nil

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Tue Sep 8 21:44:56 CEST 2015

Am 08.09.2015 um 20:03 schrieb Charles O. Lawrence:
> think a run-time error is all that can be expected.  JW Lua should perhaps
> be able to catch the error and terminate the script gracefully as opposed to
> crashing Finale.

Exactly.  That's why I reported this.  In this example, the argument was intentionally misspelled to show why such a situation might occur in "real life".  There are other potential reasons, e.g. an attempt at retrieving an entry from a table at a non existing key.

> BTW:  With the argument spelled correctly, it runs but does nothing that I
> can see.

It's just meant to be a reduced test case with the sole purpose of demonstrating the problem.

Best wishes
Thomas Weber