[JW Lua] Adding multiple staff styles manually and in JW Lua

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Sep 22 13:54:41 CEST 2015

Hi Jari,

 >I'm currently working on implementing a full FCStaffStyleDef.
That would be fantastic !

In that context I noticed one thing with FCStaffStyleAssign.
If I assign a new staff style through FCStaffStyleAssign:SaveNew() to a
measure that already holds a staff style, it behaves differently than
assigning a staff style manually in Finale.
For example, Finale reduces the number of staff styles if they are
uncombineable, while JW Lua puts them all on top which might lead to
weird or at least unexpected behaviour. But even if they are
combineable, it seems to lead to different results in some cases (I need
to check that in detail, it's just what I noticed at first sight...).

Maybe it's up to the developer to check that before assigning a new
staff style which would be possible when FCStaffStyleDef is available.
But it might also be a bug in FCStaffStyleAssign ? Or maybe that's even
one of the reasons why it is difficult to implement in JW Lua. I don't know.

All the best,