[JW Lua] Creating Rehearsal Marker Expression Definition

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 10 23:20:50 CEST 2016

Gentlemen,

When creating a new text expression definition with a category of Rehearsal
Mark and a style of Measure Number, I assume I should leave the "text" of
the expression blank.  Is this true?  When the definition is so created, it
shows as a blank box in the "Expression Selection" dialog box.  When this
blank box is selected and edited, the "text" shows as <MEASURE NUMBER> in
the "Expression Designer" dialog box, as it should be.  Upon closing that
with an "OK", now it shows correctly in the Selection dialog with <MEASURE
NUMBER> in the selection box.  This strange behavior is the same no matter
what "text" I initially give the measure number expression.  How do I get it
to show <MEASURE NUMBER> to begin with?

Also, I want to give it an enclosure.  There is no property/method in
FCTextExpressionDef to assign an enclosure shape, just a UseEnclosure
property, which does not seem to do anything no matter if it is true.  Nor
does there seem to be a way to check the dialog box "Hide Measure Numbers".
I must be missing something.  Is it somehow tied back to Measure Number
Regions?  If so, my document has no Measure Number Regions defined.

Confused.  Thanks for any help,

Charles