[JW Lua] FCTimeSignature.Abbreviate

Pietro Barizza pietro.barizza at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 20:44:55 CET 2016

Jari, others
  I am new here. Sorry if my questions may be banal.
  1]  I tried to abbreviate the common time using FCTimeSignature.Abreviate
(or FCTimeSignature:Abreviate()), but without success

  What I am doing wrong?

if TS:IsCommonTime()
    then
        -- with props
        TS.Abbreviate=true
        -- with method
        --TS:SetAbbreviate(true)
end

  2] is possible to replace top and bottom characters?
 I mean replace the default char and font associated with
Beats/BeatDuration
 e.g. replace the 52 (4) Maestro 81 (Q) to achieve Orff TimeSignature

Thx
Pietro

=====

-- test FCTimeSignature
-- load first measure
local meas = finale.FCMeasure()
meas:Load(7)

-- load timesignature
local TS = meas.TimeSignature

--set numerator
TS.Beats = 4
-- set denominator in EDUs whole = 4096, halfwhole 4096/2, quarter 4096/4,
etc
TS.BeatDuration = 4096/4

--use common time
print("Is Common Time:\t\t",TS:IsCommonTime())
if TS:IsCommonTime()
    then
        -- with props
        TS.Abbreviate=true
        -- with method
        --TS:SetAbbreviate(true)
end

-- print readonly props
print("Composite Bottom:\t\t", TS.CompositeBottom)
print("Composite Top:\t\t\t", TS.CompositeTop)
print("ConnectedDocID:\t\t", TS.ConnectedDocID)

-- actualize changes
meas:Save()