[JW Lua] FCTimeSignature.Abbreviate

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Thu Feb 25 09:56:16 CET 2016

Pietro,

If you want to to abbreviate time signatures on a measure basis in
Finale, you need to use the time signature for display for the
abbreviation. Something like this:

---
local measure = finale.FCMeasure(1)
measure:Load(1)
measure.UseTimeSigForDisplay = true
local ts = measure.TimeSignatureForDisplay
if (ts:IsCommonTime()) then
     ts.Abbreviate = true
     measure:Save()
end
---

If you want to abbreviate globally in the document, use FCMiscDocPrefs.

To replace time signature characters in the document, use the
FCMusicCharacterPrefs data.