[JW Lua] FCShapeDefInstructions Count ?

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Sat Jan 23 11:47:39 CET 2016

Jari,

I am chasing a Finale crash with FCShapeDef creation, but haven't found
it yet.
I noticed when I read a "StartObject" or a "StartGroup" from an existing
shape definition instruction, the instruction count returns 11 instead
of the expected 9 parameters that are used for the Add-function.

AddStartGroup is defined with 9 parameters:
FCPoint *      pOrigin,
FCPoint *      pBoundLeftTop,
FCPoint *      pBoundRightBottom,
int      xtransform = 1000,
int      ytransform = 1000,
int      rotation = 0

but from an existing shape (shape 1 from the Finale default file) the
following code
for ind = 0, ins.Count - 1 do
     local bytes = ins:GetFourbyteData(ind)
     print(bytes)

prints these 11 results for "StartGroup":
0
0
2147483647
-2147483648
-2147483648
2147483647
1000
1000
0
288   --> what does this mean ?
0    --> what does this mean ?

and these results for "StartObject"
-144
0
2147483647
-2147483648
-2147483648
2147483647
1000
1000
0
0   -> what does this mean ? (it could be the fontID of the main music font)
24   -> what does this mean ? (it could be the font size of the main
music font)

Do these elements 10 and 11 carry any important information ?