[JW Lua] FCShapeDef/FCShapeDefs Finale/Windows crashes

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Sat Jan 23 18:01:54 CET 2016

Jari,

I have had several reproduceable Finale crashes with
FCShapeDef:Load(...) and FCShapeDefs:LoadAll() on selected documents.
For me it looks as though an empty shape expression could be the cause.
In my Finale2014/Win default document it is the (empty) shape 110 that
causes the immediate Finale crash on Windows, either with
FCShapeDefs:LoadAll() or with FCShapeDef:Load(110).
See attached the empty shape 110 in the "Shape Selection" dialog.

The only workaround I have is manually creating a blacklist of "not
allowed" shapes that must not be loaded. But these lists depend on the
current document.