[JW Lua] FCPageFormatPrefs

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Jul 5 09:41:30 CEST 2016

Hi Pat,

your workaround is what I meant with "need to apply the settings to the
individual pages".

I just checked where I use FCPage:UpdateLayout: after creating
multi-measure rests, after changing the page percentage and distance
between systems, after changing the beatcharts and if
FCPage:GetFirstSystem returns -1 (which means an update is necessary).
Usually all these function mean a significant change of measures and
systems, sometimes even across systems. I don't know if UpdateLayout is
mandatory in all thse cases. But sometimes I need to reflow the measures
across systems in connection with these functions: that's where
UpdateLayout must be used.

The metrics update functions I was talking of are the static functions:
finale.FCEntryMetrics:MarkMetricsForRebuild()
                         finale.FCCellMetrics:MarkMetricsForRebuild()
These are necessary if you want to calculate metrics (like expression
positions) after significant changes to the page, measure, entries etc.
My suggestion is: don't use them unless you notice invalid calculations.

Best,
Jan