[JW Lua] Hairpin vertical adjustment...

Simon Leclerc simon at prodsl.ca
Wed Jul 6 21:18:15 CEST 2016

Hi to all,

REALLY new to all this. I can totally appreciate all the efforts put on this programming venture. Bravo Jari :)
My question will probably sound quite naive to most of you, but here we go:

I want to modify the left side (vertically) of a hairpin. I managed pretty well with the vertical adjustments of text expressions and slurs, but it seems extremely different for hairpins.

In the example below, if you run it, you'll see that I can get a "read-out" of the actual left point of an existing hairpin. I just don't know how to modify that parameter. I also thought there was probably a parameter for adjusting the main handle position of a hairpin, but never found it.

You'll see that I "commented" the line where it states the way I thought it should be done. But with this line "enabled", I get a correct read-out in the Execution output window but nothing changes on the page of music. I believe it has to do with the way I save the object "smartshape".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

local region = finenv.Region()
local marks = finale.FCSmartShapeMeasureMarks()

marks:LoadAllForRegion(region)

for mark in each(marks) do

     local leftpoint=finale.FCPoint(1, 1)
     local smartshape = mark:CreateSmartShape()

     if (smartshape:GetShapeType() == finale.SMARTSHAPE_CRESCENDO)
       or (smartshape:GetShapeType() == finale.SMARTSHAPE_DIMINUENDO) then

smartshape: SetMakeHorizontal (true)

smartshape:CalcLeftCellMetricPos(leftpoint)

--leftpoint:SetX(675)

smartshape:Save()

print("Left:",leftpoint.X)

Simon Leclerc