[JW Lua] Problems with hiding measure numbers on MM rests

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri Jul 15 14:27:48 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am having problems with hiding measure number ranges on MM rests.
Based on the code that Jari posted some time ago (see mail at the very
bottom) my own script works on some documents and doesn't on others.

My guess was that it must have to do with measure number entries that
already exist, so that SaveNew is not the appropriate method. But Save()
doesn't work either and LoadFirst() returns false, so I assume an entry
doesn't exist.

I have attached two documents. One works fine on my test code below
(i.e. it hides the measure number), the other one doesn't, although all
values look fine.

Any ideas ?

Test code (select full document first before running the script):

--Load measure number region
local measnumregion = finale.FCMeasureNumberRegion()
measnumregion:Load(1)
local cell =
finale.FCCell(finenv.Region().StartMeasure,finenv.Region().StartStaff)

--Hide measure number
local num = finale.FCSeparateMeasureNumber()
num:ConnectCell(cell)
num:AssignMeasureNumberRegion(measnumregion)
num.HideOverride = true
num:SaveNew()

--Update measure
local measure = finale.FCMeasure()
measure:Load(finenv.Region().StartMeasure)
measure.ContainsManualMeasureNumbers = true
measure:Save()

Below is another version that prints some values, but they look the same
on both documents.

The idea of a more sophisticated script is to hide MM rests ranges if
they are on "one-measure MM rests" only.

Best,
Jan

local measnumregion = finale.FCMeasureNumberRegion()
measnumregion:Load(1)

local cell =
finale.FCCell(finenv.Region().StartMeasure,finenv.Region().StartStaff)

local num = finale.FCSeparateMeasureNumber()
num:ConnectCell(cell)
num:AssignMeasureNumberRegion(measnumregion)
print("Previous Values:",num.HideOverride,num.ShowOverride)
num.HideOverride = true
print("New Value:",num.HideOverride,num.ShowOverride)
print("Save successful:",num:SaveNew())

local measure = finale.FCMeasure()
measure:Load(finenv.Region().StartMeasure)
print("Previous Value:",measure.ContainsManualMeasureNumbers)
measure.ContainsManualMeasureNumbers = true
print("New Value:",measure.ContainsManualMeasureNumbers)
print("Save successful:",measure:Save())