[JW Lua] Problems with hiding measure numbers on MM rests

Chris marcel.denio at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 16:10:34 CEST 2016

Jan (and all)

Your problem me think a lot.
Already, it'snormal to use "SaveNew" because initially there is no
object "FCSeparateMeasureNumber".
These are the default values that are displayed, and objects are only
created when modifying a property.
And it's possible to edit with FCSeparateMeasureNumbers:LoadAllForRegion
or FCSeparateMeasureNumbers:LoadAllInCell.

When running your script in "mmrange test not ok.musx",the object
"FCSeparateMeasureNumber" is created but nothing appears.
Now if you add a 2nd "Measure number region" (in Finale), the object
"FCSeparateMeasureNumber" is hidden.
With other tests, we see that FCSeparateMeasureNumber was assigned to
the 2nd "Measure number region".

In your script:

replace : num:AssignMeasureNumberRegion(measnumregion)
by : num.RegionNumberID = 2

and you will see that it works on "mmrange test not ok.musx".
So I think there may be confusion between the index and identification
number ?

What do you think ?

Best regards

Chris