[JW Lua] RawNoteType/NoteType inconsistency

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Mar 3 20:12:54 CET 2016

Jari,

the documentation/naming convention for the NoteType/RawNoteType for
percussion notes seems a bit inconsistent.

For example:

FCPercussionNoteMod:GetNoteType()     Online Description: Returns the
*raw *percussion note type
(shouldn't it then be *GetRawNoteType*() ?)

FCPercussionNoteMod:SetNoteType()     Online Description: Sets the
percussion note type.
(Is it correct that you get the raw percussion note type, but set the
note type ?)

FCPercussionLayoutNote:FindRawNoteType(PERC_NOTE_TYPE notetype)
Returns the object in the collection that matches a certain percussion
note type. Makes match based on "raw" percussion note type
(shouldn't it then be "PERC_NOTE_TYPE rawnotetype" )

FCPercussionLayoutNote:FindNoteType(PERC_NOTE_TYPE notetype)
Descri.:Returns the object in the collection that matches a certain
percussion note type.

FCPercussionLayoutNote:GetNoteType   Descr.:Returns the percussion note
type.

FCPercussionLayoutNote:GetRawNoteType   Descr.:Returns the "raw"
percussion note type

Maybe the only main mistake is the very first entry with GetNoteType()
and the description returns raw note type ?
But I am not sure. I haven't tested. I only noticed some inconsistencies
in my program which probably has to do with any mixup of note type and
raw note type.

Best,