[JW Lua] Progress bar doesn't update / Finale screen doesn't update on long scripts

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Thu Jul 27 20:30:02 CEST 2017

Jan,

Finale is basically single-threaded in how it handles data (which is
basically the same way as 16-bit Finale back in the early days), and the
main thread is also the thread that paints the screen. So a JW Lua
script is executed in the main thread.

Finale 25 seems to have some multithreading going on (I strongly suspect
that HP processes data parallel to the playback thread in Finale 25), so
I don't know how this will be in the future.