[JW Lua] Creating text expressions...

Simon Leclerc simon at prodsl.ca
Fri Aug 3 21:55:01 CEST 2018

Hello all,

It seems that when I create a text expression and assign it to a category, a part of the saving process is not complete.

The expression is created, appears in the right category and wherever I want in the score.
But if I change the font settings of that category afterwards, the expression I created won’t follow, unless I open that expression and click on “OK” in its own window. Another way is to open the edit window of that category, select the expression and click on “Reset to category”.
After that, the expression will update any changes made to the category.

Expressions that were created manually (directly in Finale) will update themselves both in the expression dialog window and in the score, just by changing the settings of the category.
Mine won’t.

It is a very small detail but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Simon Leclerc