[JW Lua] Creating text expressions...

Simon Leclerc simon at prodsl.ca
Sun Aug 5 01:54:08 CEST 2018

Dear Jan,

Thank you so much for getting back to me on this and mostly, for pointing me in the right direction.

The problem was in fact a little bit deeper.

It seems that when one creates a new text expression and assigns it to a category, if you want that expression to be truly linked to the category (following its font parameters), you must specify (when you setup the font parameters of that newly created expression) if the category uses text, number or music font in the font string.

For example, setting the font name string of that expression to "^fontTxt(Times)” instead of only "^font(Times)” (without the “Txt”). This will allow you to change the font parameters of the category manually afterwards and to have your expression self-update those changes both in the expression window and in the score if it is used.

Manually created expressions seem to follow that rule. A behaviour I could not reproduce until I found that out.

Not sure if my explanation is cristal clear, but many thanks!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Simon Leclerc