[JW Lua] FCTextExpressionDef:DeepSaveAs deletes FCTextBlock properties

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Dec 11 16:44:36 CET 2018

Jari,

when I use FCTextExpressionDef:DeepSaveAs, I noticed that the (old)
properties of the expression's FCTextBlock are overwritten. Was this
intended? If so, could you please add it to the documentation?
In the documentation it currently only says "... (it) makes a copy of
the text string before resaving."
Maybe that is just what the "_Deep_..." was intended for, but I am not sure.

It means:
When I have a text expression that uses a LineSpacing of 60% (instead of
the default 100%) and then call DeepSaveAs, the LineSpacing value of the
expression will automatically be reset to 100%. AFAIK LineSpacing is the
only relevant value of FCTextBlock that is affected on text expressions.
So if I use DeepSaveAs and want to keep the old LineSpacing, I need
temporarily save it before calling DeepSaveAs and restore it after
DeepSaveAs.

Best,