[JW Lua] Page-relative Units

M. R. Miller mike at mrmiller.net
Thu Jan 25 20:53:02 CET 2018

Hey all,

Is there a good way to get an articulation's position relative to the page? I see FCArticulation::GetVerticalPos but this appears to be an offset relative to different anchors based on the articulation definition's AutoPosSide.

Same question for FCExpression which has a different alignment scheme but similarly only gives offsets. And I can't seem to find any positioning info about smart shapes.

For context, I'm writing a Lua script to draw a bounding box that encompasses all the elements in a region. I've got it working with notes and rests using FCEntryMetrics and FCCellMetrics but can't seem to find a convenient way to get the articulation and expression placement in the same page-relative coordinates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
- Mike