[JW Lua] Enclosures and Expressions

Nick Mazuk nick at nickmazuk.com
Tue Jul 2 00:42:56 CEST 2019

Hi Everyone,

I have two unrelated questions today. The first with defining an enclosure for an expression, and the second for deleting unused expressions.

1) Basically, for any given text expression definition, I want to create an enclosure. The documentation for enclosures is clear, though I can neither create an enclosure definition nor modify an enclosure on an expression definition.

local enclosure = finale.FCEnclosure()

Returns the error: attempt to call field 'FCEnclosure' (a table value)

And I’ve already read through the thread from a couple years ago (http://jwmusic.nu/pipermail/jwlua_jwmusic.nu/2016-April/003026.html <http://jwmusic.nu/pipermail/jwlua_jwmusic.nu/2016-April/003026.html>). Has anyone been able to figure this out since then? A code sample would be great.

2) Is there a way to detect if an expression definition is used in the score? I could loop through every expression in the score and just make a list of the used expression definitions, however, that is potentially slow. The end goal is to delete unused definitions to cleanup the file. I can already delete definitions.

Thanks,

Nick Mazuk