[JW Lua] Deleting Page Text

Martin Marris mmarris at notecraft.com
Wed Dec 9 09:03:05 CET 2020

Hi Jan,

It works!

----------------------------

local pagetexts=finale.FCPageTexts()

pagetexts:LoadAll()

local ptable = {}

for p in each(pagetexts) do

    table.insert(ptable, {p.ItemCmper,p.ItemInci})

end

local pagetext=finale.FCPageText()

for i = #ptable, 1, -1 do

      pagetext:Load(ptable[i][1], ptable[i][2])

      pagetext:DeleteData()

end

-----------------------------

One obvious error in my original code was that Load() needed to be invoked
*inside* the deletion loop, not outside.

For my further education: It only works if you load the item using not only
its Cmper index, but also something called "Inci" which I am not familiar
with. The docs are terse:

"Returns the inci (subrecord) value in the data ID for a loaded record.

"The inci value is the 0-based record within the cmper."

Can you explain? (This could save me a lot of time and reduce the number of
questions I ask here..).

Many thanks.

Martin Marris