[JW Lua] Staff Styles

Martin Marris mmarris at notecraft.com
Mon Dec 21 18:33:14 CET 2020

How do I retrieve the Staff Styles that have been assigned to measure
regions?

If I run this:

styleassigns = finale.FCStaffStyleAssigns()

styleassigns:LoadAll()

for styleassign in each(styleassigns) do

    print("Something")

end

I get a null result even though I know that the test score has staff styles
applied. I think this is because, as the docs state, FCStyleAssigns is a
child of the staff object. But I see no getter for it in FCStaff.

There is a sample script for staff styles on the JW Lua site, but it is for
setting assignments, not retrieving the existing ones.

Martin