[JW Lua] Document Blank in Scroll View

Martin Marris mmarris at notecraft.com
Thu Dec 31 12:17:43 CET 2020

A further update, in addition to many of the scores now being blank in
Scroll View, some of them have acquired a new, visible staff called "Tempo
Tap." Typically this appears at the bottom of the score, many thousand EVPUs
below the "real" bottom staff of the score. So, it is way off the bottom of
the page. You know that it is there because in Page View, the left barline
on the systems extends all the way to the bottom of the page, below the
"real" bottom staff. You can get the "Tempo Tap" staff to appear at the
bottom of the score by doing a Respace Staves.

The Tempo Tap is a single-line staff with a quarter note on each beat. I
know that Tempo Tap is something you typically use, and edit, in Studio
View. I tried deleting it in Finale, but Finale won't let me. I don't need
that staff, but it is appearing in the exported XML. In the destination
application, it is listed as "Unknown MusicXML Instrument." For unfathomable
reasons it sometimes causes problems there. (If I delete it in the
destination app, it sometimes causes all the staff names on the other staves
to vanish.)

I also used JW Lua to list the names of the staves in the score, and Tempo
Tap is not one of them, although it does appear at the bottom of the Score
Manager is an Unknown instrument whose name is "Tempo Tap."

Hmmmm.