[JW Lua] Rearranging JW Lua script menu

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Sat Feb 6 16:16:32 CET 2021

I have recently figured out how to rearrange the menus of my plugins
collection to be less chaotic than the manner in which Finale orders them
by default. (Along the lines of what TGTools does.) It recently occurred to
me that I could probably do the same for the JW Lua menu. In fact I could
probably move the JW Lua menu items to the Finale main menu, if there is
any interest. My questions for this list are:

1. How much use do you have for such a plugin? (I know many people use
Keyboard Maestro to organize their Lua scripts.)
2. If you were using the plugin, would you want the JW Lua menu on the main
menu or would you like it as a submenu in the Plug-In menu?

What I'm imagining is a plugin that no U.I. or menu option but has a config
file (a text file) that describes the desired menu layout. It would run
long enough to rearrange the JW Lua menu and then go away.

(I also posted this to the JW Lua Facebook group.)