[JW Lua] JW Lua Test Script

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Fri Sep 3 15:12:47 CEST 2021

Hello, list.

I have been working on building out Jari's regression testing script on
Github. This seems like a good way to capture at least some of the known
bugs and issues in JW Lua. Because Jari's repo appears to be dormant, I
have forked it here <https://github.com/rpatters1/jwluatesttoolkit>. (I've
put a standing pull request on the master branch of my fork so he can pull
my changes at any time if he wants to.)

So far, the script was already flagging issues with document options that
changed in F26.2. I have added code to catch issues with FCGroup and with
name position prefs in all their flavors. If you know of other bugs we need
to capture, please post them on this thread.

I'm doing this in hopes that one day in the not too distant future the JW
Lua source code will be available for modifications. I don't have any
actual reasons for believing this other than hope, I should clarify. Time
grows short for JW plugins to transition to Apple Silicon. And before Win
users get too smug, remember that FinWin will likely make the transition to
ARM someday as well. :-)

Also, if anyone wants to contribute directly, go for it. If there are other
types of tests that make sense, we could add them in as well.

Robert