[JW Lua] Unit-testing with jwlua scripts?

dgr at leng.de dgr at leng.de
Sat Sep 11 20:13:18 CEST 2021

Hi guys,

I am new to JWLua and Lua in general. (However I am not new to software development,
see below.) I want to implement new features into Finale needed for classical guitar notation.
I begged make music years ago to implement them. They told me liking my ideas but never
implemented any of it. So I probably will have to go for myself because I am sick of the
cumbersome and time-consuming editing due to lack of proper tools.

I have been educated with C (mostly embedded), have little experience in C++ and am
coding in C# currently. I read the programming in lua book but still have trouble to understand
some of the concepts. Therefore I assume I will have to ask a lot of questions on this channel
and will appreciate anyone who answers.

Today my first question: Is there any kind of unit testing framework or alike to use inside
JWLua? I am getting used to test-driven-development and would like to do this here as well,
if possible.

And second question: What is the best way to code object-oriented in JWLua?

Thank for your kind help in advance.

Daniel Grunwald