[JW Lua] ExecuteLuaScriptItem: returning an error message - still not working

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Dec 22 17:46:06 CET 2022

Hm, I still didn't succeed.

When I throw an error message in a lua script with:
/error("Cancel",2)/
then this a user dialog always pops up in RGP Lua/Windows:

Is there a way to not show this dialog in RGP Lua?
(Tested in Fin27.2/Windows 10/RGP Lua 0.65)

This happens without/finenv.ExecuteLuaScriptItem/ , it's just the
/error(...) /that leads to the popup./
/
The same code in JW Lua doesn't give a dialog that pops up.

Or does anyone have an example code of how to end a lua script so that
it passes a "not successful" to /finenv.ExecuteLuaScriptItem /without
showing any error messages.

Jan