[JW Lua] ExecuteLuaScriptItem: returning an error message - still not working

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Thu Dec 22 18:04:17 CET 2022

It looks like the code always shows the error message. :-/

For your purposes, I think the best choice might be simply to return a
message. Or just return tostring(false) and then compare the string
returned to that, if you don't care about the message.

Something like:

local success, msg = finenv.ExecuteLuaScriptItem(item)
if success and msg then <do-error-return-code> end