[JW Lua] Set staff to chromatic transposition

Aaron Sherber aaron at sherber.com
Thu Mar 30 14:50:58 CEST 2023

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows the secret sauce for changing a transposing
staff from key signature transposition to chromatic transposition.

If I take a staff with key sig transposition and set TransposeChromatic to
true, then odd things happen to other values. For example, a Bb clarinet
staff with key sig has interval=1, alter=2. Once I set TransposeChromatic,
those numbers immediately change to interval=67, alter=0. And it turns out
that the values I actually want in order to get things to look right are
interval=2, alter=0. Horn in F starts with interval=4, alter=1 and goes to
interval=2, alter=1 after setting TransposeChromatic. And if I try setting
alter=0, it becomes -1.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Aaron.