[JW Lua] Set staff to chromatic transposition

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Thu Mar 30 15:43:21 CEST 2023

I can't recall ever having figured this out. I would encourage you not to
use Chromatic Transposition and instead to use Hide Key Signature and Show
Accidentals instead. Chromatic Transposition is a legacy feature.

That said, if you are determined to figure it out, you can use my Enigma
Text Dump
<https://robertgpatterson.com/-fininfo/-downloads/download-free.html>
plugin with a text comparison tool as follows:

   1. Create a small file containing only the value you want to change.
   2. Run the Text Dump plugin and save to somewhere easy: i usually save
   to my Desktop folder (mac) as 1.txt.
   3. Make the change in Finale that you are interested in.
   4. Run the Text Dump plugin and save to 2.txt.
   5. Compare the results with your text tool.

This shows you the scope of changes you need to make to accomplish your
task.