[JWplugins] Name question: Messa di voce

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Wed Dec 19 12:25:34 CET 2012

On 2012-12-19 11:09, vaughanschlepp at mac.com wrote:
> If you used a percentage parameter for the max of the swell, how would the plugin determine it?

Measure-attached smart shapes (such as hairpins) are bound to duration
positions within the measure. If the note duration is whole note and the
swell center would be at 25%, the high point of the swell would be on
beat 2 of the whole note (at the EDU position 1024 technically speaking,
since a quarter note is 1024 EDUs).

After a bit more thought on the subject, I think I'll use a percentage
entry field for the center point of the swell (accepting values between
10-90 %) instead of fixed percentage choices.