[JWplugins] Memory leak tests

Lado Derjosz derjosz at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:27:06 CEST 2013

Hi Robert, And indeed, let's hope it'll be a good day.
It must be very early or late where you are?!?!
Here (Netherlands) it's 9.26 p.m. Answering your question: well not really.I'm just a user: I want to write music. And I'm certainly not nerd...
But I spent a lot of time writing and being frustrated about quite some things in Finale
that don't work or are not available. I even switched to Sibelius, but that had its drawbacks too and...
an absolutely crappy (almost non-existing) support service. What they did?
A generated message every three days inquiring if the help was useful.
What help? Two question took about as many months... and helpful?
Not at all... So Finale Support reacts, most of the time quickly. So that is great indeed.

Well, I suggested to them something like "Magnetic Lay-Out" which Sibeliushas. A lot of "switchers from Finale to Sibelius" think that's the greatest advantage.
Saving LOADS of time. That would be passed on to the developpers...

Well, maybe that's something you can develop, because making scores and partsreadable takes a lot of time in Finale. Magnetic Lay-Out is an intelligent enginemaking sure that no elements collide. The moment you nudge an element, otherelements might move too. So MLO "looks" where to put things, making sure the scoreor part looks okay and is printable right away without any twitching or tweaking.

Do you have a plug-in making sure that slurs are okay?
1. have the right shape (they sometimes look like mushrooms, crossing the staffs above)2. do not collide with other elements.
The same goes for elements like expressions etc.

I could go on and on.... but I won't right now (--: Regards,Jos