[JWplugins] Numbered measure sequence feature set

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Tue Apr 9 19:12:58 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-09 17:45, Steven M. Alper wrote:

> And what will happen? If I put a 4 in the box, will a 1 appear in the fifth measure? Or a 5?

A 5 will appear, for your example.

> If it's the latter, perhaps:
>
> First appearance of sequence after [XXX] measure(s).

How about "Appear after [XXX] measure(s)"?

> The reason "Interval" is confusing is that Finale is after all music program. (If I put a 9 in the box, will
> it add a minor or major 9th?) "Frequency" is not much better, nor is "cycle."
>
> Maybe something like: "Appearing every [XXX] bars."

Good point about "Interval". For consistency to option above,
"measure(s)" instead of "bars"?

> A request? I don't know if it's possible for a plug-in to pull this kind
> of information, but when I'm numbering I like to see a number appear on the last
> bar of a system.

I'll see if I can get that in the window without too much UI clutter.
The number of options have increased a bit since I posted the screen shot.

Thanks for the feedback!