[JWplugins] Numbered measures - sample styles

Howard Begun hbegun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:30:05 CEST 2013

Jari,

The plugin works great. It does exactly what I need and I love that it
makes use of my own carefully crafted category.

I did have a little trouble figuring out how to get every 4th bar numbered.
It seemed that no matter what I tried, I'd end up with "5,9,13,17..."
instead of "4,8,12,16...". After a while I finally looked at the "Number on
skips" setting. I had no idea what that referred to so I didn't pay it any
attention until I exhausted all the other options. Setting it to "Last in
group" did the trick so I'm good to go. I'm still not sure what the purpose
of this setting is, however.

I'm also curious as to why you chose the word "element" instead of
"measure" for the interval settings.

When a sequence is restarted due to a double barline, rehearsal mark, etc.,
I'd like it if the last bar before the restart is always numbered (in case
it doesn't fit the interval pattern). This could either be part of the
"Always at end of region" setting or it could be a separate option.

Finally, would it be possible to have the current profile preselected when
entering the profile editor? In trying out different settings, I kept
editing the default profile by mistake because that's the one that comes up
(being at the top of the list). Or maybe you could add move up/down buttons
so that the list could be sorted manually.

Thanks!
Howard