[JWplugins] JWplugins Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

Michel HERR michel.herr at skynet.be
Wed Feb 6 14:24:47 CET 2013

Le 6 févr. 2013 à 12:00, jwplugins-request at jwmusic.nu a écrit :

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 21:38:50 +0100
> From: vaughanschlepp at mac.com
> To: JW Freeware plug-ins for Finale <jwplugins at jwmusic.nu>
> Subject: Re: [JWplugins] JWplugins Digest, Vol 5, Issue 1
>
> Perhaps you know this already, but even without a plugin or workarounds it's quite possible and easy to put left ties on second ending notes (if the last note before the first ending has a right tie). You have to do it in the Edit Frame window which you enter in Speedy Entry by holding opt or alt and clicking the measure. In the bottom section of the window, there are fields for tie start and tie end. Just find the relevant note and select tie end. It's very quick once you get used to it.
>
> Vaughan

Thank you for your reply, Vaughan.
Of course I'm familiar with this Edit Frame procedure (+ Tie end has to be applied carefully to each note of a chord, if there is one).
But it is more tedious than creating a right tie, which is instantaneous with the keyboard shortcut ( = ).
Besides, the keyboard shortcut for left ties (Opt = on the Mac, I suppose Ctrl = on PCs) produces unexpected effects for second endings when the last note of the primo is identical to the first note of the secundo : 2 left ties are created instead of one.
Back to the Edit Frame alternative.
And there are some problems for the first note of the coda, for which nothing works, and we have to use a tedious workaround (temporary repeats).
My wish would be that creating left ties (even for chords) should be as fast and reliable as creating a right tie.
And in one single operation for chords.
The plug-in would probably use the "Tie end" system (for reliability), and ideally, apply it to all the notes of a chord, if there is one, and in any situation (2nd endings, codas).
Thanks.

Michel
michel.herr at skynet.be