[JWplugins] Analysis

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre yorkmasterbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 17:29:49 CET 2013

The analysis function has my interest. In certain contexts I write that may be called baroque chorale with a extended choice of chords. That is: no matter how insane the chords I try to keep good voicing. Parallels are strictly no-no.

Finale’s playback doesn’t always excel in clarity, so aside from listening I do a lot of visual proofing for parallel fifths and octaves. Finale’s analysis for parallels is useless for me, as it indicates parallels in a lot of cases, where there are absolutely none. I got tired of that crying wolf.

Does your analysis look for parallels in one staff only? Even that might be useful, if I first imploded the 4 or 5 voices into one staff.

Klaus