[JWplugins] A plugin request?

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Mar 29 22:03:00 CET 2013

On 2013-03-29 20:51, Robert Wildling wrote:

> The main trouble I have with Finale is the lack of keyboard shortcuts,
> when it comes to switching between the various tools in the entry palette
> (Simple entry, expressions, articulations, Layout, Text etc).
>
> There is a way to define 8 or so, but it works only on Mac and only
> with the American keyboard selected in the operating system, as far as I know.

Tool-switching metatools work on non-US keyboards as well. But they are
document-specific and limited in number (since just a few of the
function keys can be programmed).

I suggest using a macro program, Steve suggested "Quickeys" for the Mac,
and there are other Mac alternatives, such as iKey and Keyboard Maestro.

For Windows, I would personally AutoHotkey. In the next couple of days,
I hope to get some time to write a couple of articles about using
AutoHotkey in Finale in general, and also how to use it with the JW
plug-ins.

For Windows at least, there is also the "Plug-ins/TG Tools/Menu
Shortcuts..." for simple menu selection tasks.