[JW Lua] 21 music fonts made Finale-compatible with JW Lua

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Mon Oct 17 23:35:53 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I promised a few months ago to release my plugins this autumn/winter.
Unfortunately there still hasn't been a JW Lua update since last
December which I didn't expect when I uploaded the screenshots and videos.
To have at least a bit of output while waiting for Jari's next release,
here is a small surprise.
It's not a plugin, but the output of a special version of my "House
Style Changer" JW Lua plugin:

21 free music fonts**made 100%-Maestro compatible with a JW Lua script
that analyzes the fonts and automatically creates a FontForge script to
resize, rotate, merge, reposition or even create composite symbols.

The original fonts I used are SIL OFL and GNU GPL fonts, like Bravura,
Emmentaler (LilyPond), Euterpe (Unicode), Unifont Upper (Unicode), Haydn
(MusicTypeFoundry), JazzyBasic (MuseScore), Leipzig (Verovio) and many
others.

The free package includes fonts for MacOS and Windows, the font
annotation files and some PDF sample files.
Everything can be found at the bottom of my article on "Experiments in
Automatic Font Conversion":
https://elbsound.studio/experiments_in_automatic_font_conversion.php

You can simply switch your documents to these fonts by applying
"Document->Set Default Music Font".
Any feedback is welcome.

Best,