[JW Lua] Need help with bug reports

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sat Oct 22 17:41:19 CEST 2016

Hello All!

As you all have noticed, I've been really lousy at keeping up-to-date
with plug-in programming lately, since other tasks has consumed too much
of my focus. I apologize for all the questions that has not been
answered on this mailing list!

However, I'm currently in the process of updating all plug-ins to
64-bit. This includes JW Lua.

I've been thinking about the most resource-efficient approach to get a
new JW Lua update released, including bug fixes and request you've asked
for. This is my suggestion:

If each of you could assemble all the bugs you personally have (even if
the bug has been reported here before), into one single word processor
document (=one document for each JW Lua-user) and send it to me, either
in some standard word processor file format or as a PDF. That would help
me a LOT!!!

In the document, I would need this info:
* Include your name and e-mail, so I can contact you if I have questions.
* List crashes (including steps to reproduce) as a separate section.
* List bugs (including steps) as a separate section.
If you enclose screen shots or other pictures in your document, please
e-mail it to me privately rather than to the list.
* List feature request separately. Prioritize the feature requests.
* Include any necessary source code if necessary, but keep it limited to
just reproducing the bug.
* Separate each item in the lists clearly, so it becomes easier to me to
track each separate bug in the document.
* Feel free to use any font if you send it as PDF

You can send the document to me directly, or to this e-mail group.
However, if you enclose screen shots or other pictures in your document,
please e-mail it to me privately rather than to the list.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and help on this!